Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

12 plate Swift Sport headlight washer

Nothing seems to be happening when I push the button in, normally the thing pops out and does it thing but nothing at the moment.

I am beyond useless when it comes to this sort of thing but can anyone help me out please?

Thanks!

I would suggest turning the headlights on and then use the windscreen washers, if it headlight washers work you have a washer light switch problem, if they don't work you have a headlight washer problem ?

Stupid Face has reacted to this post.
Stupid Face

Hi, and a big welcome to the SSSOC.

And I would also advise what Uruk Hai said above 👍

Stupid Face

Hi,

Thanks for the replies and welcome!

I'll give it a try tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks again 🙂

Cool name by the way Uruk Hai!

Uruk Hai has reacted to this post.
Uruk Hai

They are both spraying when the lights are on, previously I was testing without them being on, is that normal?

Secondly, the passenger side is slower to retract than the driver's side. Any solutions? I'm considering spraying a bit of WD40 in there to hasten it a bit as the driver's side is fine however it takes about a minute for the other side.

Thanks in advance!

I would have a very good look inside before you spray WD40 in there, if there's any rubber in there WD40 could have the effect of swelling the rubber. When I get chance I'll try mine and see if they only work with the lights on or not ?

Stupid Face

Thanks mate, appreciate it!

Right, I tested mine today and they simply won't work unless the headlights are on, they won't even come if it's just the side lights.

Hope that helps. 👍

Stupid Face

They only work when the headlights are on. Get yourself an aerosol of silicon spray to use rather than wd40, its much better at lubricating those sort of parts. Silicon spray also works a treat in the window runners if your windows are a bit slow. I've never had a look myself but you might get access to the back of the washers by unclipping the wheel arch liner?

Stupid Face

I've just checked mine as well and they also only work with the headlights on 👍

Stupid Face