Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

2013 swift sport key not working

Hi!

Wonder if anyone can help?

I have a 63 plate swift sport. I’ve been away for a month and gone to use my car this morning but key fob flashes red when I try to unlock the car. I’ve opened it with the key and got in, pressed the start button and nothing happens.

Any ideas why? Guessing it’s to do with not being used for a while but no idea what to do!

Thanks
Keeley

Hi Keeley, and a big welcome to the SSSOC.

And regarding the keyfob problem. The first thing I would do would be to change the keyfobs battery. The batteries are quite cheap and Its quite a simple job as well. Here's a short video that shows how to change the fobs battery 👍

I’ll give this a go - thank you!

Quote from Keeley Farrar on January 13, 2020, 1:42 pm

I’ll give this a go - thank you!

Good luck Keeley and please let us know how you get on. Fingers crossed a new battery will sort the problem for you 🤞

Hi My key fob stopped working properly & i changed my battery with a new one no problems since so i would try that first

Hi any luck with your key fob

Hi! I changed the battery but still nothing! We suspect the battery may be dead from not being used? I’ve currently got it in charge so hoping that’s the only issue!

Will report back when I try it later today! Fingers crossed!

Quote from Keeley Farrar on January 16, 2020, 7:55 am

Hi! I changed the battery but still nothing! We suspect the battery may be dead from not being used? I’ve currently got it in charge so hoping that’s the only issue!

Will report back when I try it later today! Fingers crossed!

When you bought your Swift did It come with 2 fobs like mine or did It just come with one? Because If the spare fob Is working ok but the other doesn't (even with a new battery) then the problem must be with the fob Itself!