Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

2016 SSS, was the right decission

Suzuki quote kerb weight 90% fuelled which on the 32S is worth 28kg.

I would expect to see 1017kg max on a dry 32S 3-door and +15kg for the 5-door with both in standard trim.

Marc, fine choice of car!

Just reaquainting myself with mine after almost a year out due to home 'improvements'. The handling poise still astonishes and still love N/A. The M16A is a jem of a motor.

Yep. Did some research into this a while ago...

The 3-door 32S - completely and utterly dry is a nats tadger under a tonne. 999.89 kg to be exact.

The 5-door then - 1014.89 kg.

This was deduced from the following. The kerb weight of the 3-door is 1045 kg (with full options). It was 1040 kg without options. What the 'options' consist of is unknown. I guess this isn't an exact science! But if the car is 1040 kg, with all fluids and 90% fuelled. Then this should be fairly accurate.

The exact fluid weights were as follows...

Fuel Tank: 42 litres - 28.28 kg (90% fuelled)
Coolant: 6.4 litres - 6.40 kg
Engine Oil: 3.9 litres - 3.43 kg
Gearbox: 1.8 litres - 1.58 kg
Brake Fluid: 250ml - 0.21 kg
Clutch Fluid: 250ml - 0.21 kg

As mentioned - this is not an exact science. But I think this could be in the right ball-park. Either way, the 3-door and 5-door models are pretty much a tonne in weight when dry. It's as near as dammit.

I can save you some weight as the clutch uses the brake fluid reservoir. There is some additional plumbing but nowhere near 200g of fluid.