Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumZC33: Problems/SolutionsAnnoying Creak...
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Annoying Creak...

It started at about 1k miles. Sure it has something to do with the temperature as it only started to do it when it got really cold up here. Now its all greased up I shouldn't get any bother with it regardeless ๐Ÿ‘

Yes itโ€™s definitely the temperature / humidity combination. When it was really cold it would creak with the slightest hump. Now the weather is getting better here itโ€™s gone. 4500 miles now.

Hi Gents and Ladies if any, new to the group and would appreciate some assistance on this topic. I also have a zc33s, and recently it has developed a creaking noise on rough roads coming from the left rear. *sounds almost like an exhaust sheild/backing plate metallic creak* all heat shields secured then removed for testing, the creak however persists. Saw this post so asking to try to get some guidance and feedback.

Try to get some grease into the rubber bushes circled in this picture, that solved the issue for me ๐Ÿ‘

Uploaded files:
  • A29D7DEB-6093-41BF-AAB3-2F774CB13832.jpeg.jpg

Will do! Hope my description of the noise was clear, cause it sounds like metal to metal. Brakes n calipers checked and found ok. Checked the brake backing plate,muffler bushingsfor excess wear/ flex-found ok. No unusual noise hesrd if i push down on the rear, but as soon as you hit rough patches can hear it almost hissing/ticking away. It cannot be heard on the inside as long as the windows are up. Sound familiar??? I will still do as you have instructed. Csr doing 4,212kms

Over 8,000 miles on my 33S now. Not experienced this creak yet!

Resurrecting an old thread but does the zc32 have the same subframe? I've got a bit of a creak from drivers side rear

Yeah I'm sure its a torsion beam setup so it will have the same type of bushes at either side ๐Ÿ‘

Wont harm jacking it up and getting some silicone grease in there ๐Ÿ‘

Thanks!

Iโ€™ve got this from new!

I have to reverse off my drive at an angle which unloads the rear axle unevenly and Iโ€™ve noticed the creak, will ask Suzuki to lubricate the appropriate parts at the 2k checkup.