Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumZC33: Problems/SolutionsAnnoying Creak...
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Annoying Creak...

Good Idea David. That's what I would do as well. Especially while the car Is still under warranty 👍

Had my car in for its first check, the creak I was noticing had got really bad on the rear off side before Christmas and then magically cured itself the week before I visited the dealer.

They confirmed nothing was untoward under the car and all was well until this week when it’s started creaking from the rear near side.

I’m fairly certain it’s related to the cold temps this week, so will be greasing the axle bushes when time allows.

That's all you can really do mate. Just keep an rye on It and hopefully when the warmer weather comes It will disappear.

David George has reacted to this post.
David George

I think you are probably right. In my experience, rubber and plastics are temperature sensitive. My son's Mazda 3 produces a loud creaking noise from the passenger door which is simply the rubber door seal rubbing against the plastic door trim. Cured by putting some silicone lube spray on the surface of the rubber. Though I think any lube would sort it.

David George

Mines has never came back since I packed some grease round the bushes 👍

David George

Just thought I would share some info with you guys regarding this issue. The car was booked in today for its first one year service and I mentioned the rear creaking as mine has been doing it since November. I collected it about an hour ago and had to book it in again for them to "Sort the rear suspension out", as I was told. Apparently they need the car in the workshop for the whole day to do the work...

I will find out what they have done next week and report back. All being done under warranty of course.

David George
Quote from Terry Jones on January 29, 2020, 2:50 pm

Just thought I would share some info with you guys regarding this issue. The car was booked in today for its first one year service and I mentioned the rear creaking as mine has been doing it since November. I collected it about an hour ago and had to book it in again for them to "Sort the rear suspension out", as I was told. Apparently they need the car in the workshop for the whole day to do the work...

I will find out what they have done next week and report back. All being done under warranty of course.

Would be very interested to know what they do Terry, thanks.

...they'll probably just grease the bush 🤔

HaHa, sits in the corner for seven hours then gets the grease gun for 30 seconds just before I collect it!

I always fancied greasing a bush myself...

Ooh err 🤣🤣🤣