Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Bonelorry's ZC32S Swift Sport Daily

Hello all New Member here and for those that do not know me from the Facebook Group my Name is Simon from Sheffield and I have recently just acquired my Swift Sport just over a Week ago, Below is about me and how it came about me buying a Swift Sport.

Please bear with as some of the below you guys will already know but I have copied this Thread from Detailingworld...

After nearly 3 Years of Ownership I recenlty sold my trusty and immaculate Lemon Yellow, MK1 Skoda Fabia VRS.

The Fabia was always meant to be a temporary purchase after selling my Golf R and to allow me to have a bit of a break from running such High Performance Cars as Daily Drivers but as time went by the Fabia proved to be such a great and reliable little Car that I ended up keeping it and to be honest it also made me realise that I didn't miss the extra Performance a 300+BHP Car brings.

On and off though over the past 6 Months I began looking at alternatives, There was nothing wrong with the Fabia and it was still Low-Mileage at 86K but it was coming up for 15 years old and I was getting itchy feet to replace it.

The trouble is that the MK1 Fabia VRS is a very difficult Car to replace in my opinion, It offers enough Performance for everyday, Good Economy, Cheap Running Costs, Reliability, Is also a pretty rare sight nowadays especially in Original unmolested Condition and when I began looking realised that not many modern vehicles offer a similar package without complexity.

I looked at all sorts of different options and combinations, I knew I didn't want to go down the route of another Golf R or the likes as a Daily Driver because I honestly don't miss paying a fortune in Fuel, Insurance, Servicing Costs and the worry of Theft or Damage just to get to work and back whilst getting there no quicker than anyone else during my commute. I am fortunate to have a really good budget but even so I didn't want to be buying a Brand New Car so considered a MK6 Golf GTD or 2010-2012 Octavia VRS both of which have the 170BHP Common Rail Diesel Engine but when looking struggled to find anything that appeared to be up-to my standards condition wise, Any Car with reasonable Mileage that I enquired about had sketchy Service History and then I thought why should I pay more than 3 x times what the Fabia is worth for something that is still 10 Years old and could be a potential headache with a DPF fitted etc....Also deep down where either of these Cars what I really wanted? Probably not.

As I had sold all my Motorbikes in August 2019 another option was keeping the Fabia and buying another Car to have as a Summer/Good Weather Toy, I took a liking to the 2015-2017 Honda Civic Type R FK2 for a few reasons....They are supposed to be a proper Drivers Car unlike many other modern offerings, I liked the fact they are a said to be quite Hardcore, They are pretty rare as they only built them for 2 Years and finally I have owned Honda Type R's in the past so have a bit of appreciation for the Brand and so I did quite a bit of research into them including joining the Owners Club.

I decided it had to be a One Owner Car in Red, White or Grey. Less than 15000 Miles with Full Honda History and also from a Honda Dealership with their 12 Month Warranty but because they are so rare nailing down a Car which ticked all the right boxes was going to be difficult. I was not actually looking to buy One until Spring 2020 but thought I would watch the Market just incase and after a while of looking on the Owners Club and seeing a few reliability issues, Head Gaskets failing, Boots filling with Water from the Tailgate Spoiler etc and finally quite a few Members who had them on PCP through Honda using them as Track Toys and then handing them back at the end of their Term then within a Week the Car appears on a Honda Forecourt as a 1 Owner alleged immaculate Car un be-known to the Dealer or any potential buyer that its seen 20 Laps of the Nurburgring. I totally understand why such a Car would be perfect for Track Days but its not what I would want to do with my own Car and so I talked myself out of handing over £20000 of my hard earned to buy a Potential ex leased Car that had been potentially Thrashed to Death.

So in the end I decided, Sell the Fabia, Buy something similar but newer as a Daily Driver and buy another Motorcycle for Summer and when I want some bonkers Performance and that is what I did 🙂 An 800 Mile, 2018 BMW S1000R Sport to be exact which was delivered 5 Days ago.

I have done just 18000 Miles in the Fabia in the 3 Years I have owned it so did question if I really needed to run a Diesel as a Daily especially again with the Modern stuff all DPF equipped.

So onto the Fabia's replacement, Well as you already know its a Suzuki. On my way to Work last October I saw a 2016 Suzuki Swift Sport in the Traffic and it really stood out to me to be honest! I really liked the look of the Car and knew very little about them so I decided to do a bit of research into them. I had friends with Swift GTI's many Years ago and I once had an Ignis Sport as a Winter runabout, I know they are pretty capable on the Motorsport scene too with Rallycross and so I watched a few reviews on Youtube, Read a few Magazine reviews and to my surprise the Car received big praise from many including Evo and Pistonheads for its Simplicity, Value For Money, Old School Hot Hatch Charm and fantastic Handling. Its the last of the Naturally Aspirated Revvy Hot Hatches and is generally compared to the likes of the Peugeot 205 GTI but in a Modern Day package.

Spec wise the Swift Sport has a Naturally Aspirated ,1.6 16-Valve with VVT and a 6-Speed Close Ratio Gearbox. The Engine produces a modest 136BHP but the Car only Weighs 1045KG so 0-60MPH is in the 8 Second bracket and weighing so little is what gives the Car its responsiveness despite a Low Torque Output, The lack of Weight also gives the Car a lot of agility and Handling and feedback are its best attributes.

Again I joined the Swift Sport Owners Club for a bit of real world reviews and opinions from Owners as I never buy anything solely based on Magazine Reviews and read nothing but praise for the little Car, No reliability issues as such, Cheap to run and Maintain. So far so good I thought so began looking. I already had a buyer lined up for the Fabia so didn't have to worry about that side of things.

They only made the model I wanted between 2014-2017 which comes with the Garmin Nav Head Unit from the Factory, Plus as its me again I wanted a 1 Owner, Low Mileage, Unmodified, Mint example with Full Suzuki Dealer History and ideally that was For Sale at a Suzuki Main Dealer and I also only wanted a 3-Door in White or Grey so I had my work cut out! Typically there where only around 8 Cars For Sale Nationally on Autotrader with Sub 25000 Miles at any time and probably only 1 Out of that 8 was even worth enquiring about as I could see from the Pictures the Alloys all Kerbed, Badly Valeted/Prepared, Crap Tyres fitted etc.

There where others that popped up with Sub 20K Miles but at places like Car Supermarket, Available Car and other non descript Dealers and to be fair I did set my standards a little high on this One, I know am a bit of a nightmare when it comes to buying Cars/Bikes but I don't see why I should settle for something that is not right for me.

I actually began looking on the Suzuki UCL which is via there Own Website and allows you to search just Main Suzuki Dealerships Approved Used Stock within the UK, I was seeing Cars on there which where not advertised anywhere else. The first Car I initially enquired about was a 66 Plate, Grey, 3-Door with 23K Miles at a Suzuki Dealer in Anglesey. The Car looked promising but when I did a bit of digging it turned out to be an Ex-Demo which was sold to a Private Keeper and then the Dealership bought it back as a Trade in. The Salesman was honest that because that the Car had been with them for a Few Months and agreed it was priced highly that there would be room for negotiation but when I asked for its Service History details of Dates, Mileages and what work was done the Car didn't have its first Service until 13500 Miles which is 4500 Miles above Suzuki's recommendation so I declined that One.

Again via the Approved Used Suzuki Database on New Years Eve I actually spotted a Car which looked promising however it was located at Tracks Suzuki in Exeter, I decided to get in touch and ask all my usual questions and the Dealership was exceptional right from the word go. They sent me many detailed pictures of the Car in all areas and a Detailed Breakdown of the Service History to satisfy my OCD. All boxes where ticked on this Car and I was for the first time a bit excited! So I jumped on the Train Free Rail Travel Ofcourse, Perks of being a Train Driver and went to view the Car on the 2nd of Jan.

I arrived at the Dealership, Was given the Keys and left to my own devices. I honestly couldn't pick a fault with the Car or the Paperwork. Infact I absolutely blown away with the condition and how well the Car had been looked after and it was prepped to a High standard. After a 15 Min Test Drive again which impressed me I bought it.

It was sold New by the very Salesman I dealt with, He described the Owner as a very particular gentleman in his 50's, The Car was his pride and joy and he and his Wife both owned Suzuki's. He traded it in for the latest Swift Sport model and was reluctant to do so and when I tell you the details of the Car you will know why...

The Details...

: 2015 Suzuki Swift Sport
: Pearl White, 3-Door
: One Fastidious Previous Owner
: 6000 Miles from New
: Serviced every 1200 Miles with 5 Stamps in the Book all done at the Supplying Suzuki Dealer

The Car was due its MOT and Service in March and even though it had done so little Mileage since its last Service the Dealership agreed to do a 27K Service for me based on the Time/Interval which included the Oil & Filter, Air and Cabin Filters.

I collected the Car on Friday 10th and drove it the 260 Miles back from Exeter to Sheffield and it was faultless as you would expect, The Gears are bunched together quite nicely but in 6th at 70MPH its bang on 3000RPM so not bad at all for Motorway. It averaged 53MPG according to the On-Board Computer that was with a Tank of Shell V-Power but I reckon that 35-40MPG is more realistic Daily Driving and it only has a modest 42 Litre Tank but thats no issue for me as the most I do is a 200 Mile round trip to Peterbrough once a Month.

I have done just 18000 Miles in the Fabia in the 3 Years I have owned it so making the move back to a Petrol seemed like a logical choice.

Equipment wise its very well specced....Climate Control with AC, Cruise Control, Multi Function Steering Wheel, Garmin Nav Touchscreen Headunit with DAB Radio, USB and Bluetooth. Zenon Headlights, Electric Windows, Electric Folding Mirrors, Keyless Entry, Push Button Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Privacy Glass. Probably forgot something but you get the idea.

Future Plans...

Keep it immaculate, Drive it and enjoy it for what it is. I will be doing a Big Detail on the Car when the Weather improves including Machine Polish, Caliper and Hub Detail so will document that.

I have bought a few little bits for the Car including a Genuine set of Suzuki Flexible Mudlfaps, Luxury Boot Carpet Liner and a Genuine Touch Up Pen just incase. Also want some Genuine Sport Luxury Floor Mats too.

The Car has 17" Alloys and 195/45R17's fitted as standard which are wrapped in Continental Sport Contacts which is great but I made the decision to get some Winter Wheels and Tyres for the Car just incase we do see any bad Weather. The Winter Wheels and Tyres arrived on Friday and yesterday I got them fitted on the Rims including New Valves and Balancing, They are Brand New Alcar Steel Wheels from Germany and are perfect fitment for the Swift Sport 16" x 6j, ET50 with 60mm Centre Bore and 5 x 114 PCD. I opted for some Kumho Wintercraft WP51 Tyres in 195/50R16 Fitment.

Think that is about it for now.

Only Picture I currently have of the Car is during the Handover but will post more in due course, Thanks for reading I know how I like to go on with my posts.

Uploaded files:
  • 49363170743_e195b54609_c.jpg

16/1/20...

The Swift has been in the Mancave for the past few Days, Nothing Major more just little Jobs I wanted to do on the Car before using it properly when I go back to Work Next Week.

: Put the Car on Axle Stands and removed all x 4 Wheels.
: Stripped and Cleaned Front and Rear Brake Calipers, Cleaned all Stainless Shims, Removed Sliders and Applied Ceramic Grease to them all, All Pistons Pushed back and rebuilt.
: All Brake Calipers and Disc Bells given a freshen up in Smooth Black.
: Fitted Genuine set of Suzuki Mudflaps all-round.
: Fitted Brand New 16" Winter Steels and 195/50R16 Kumho WP51 Tyres.
: Fitted 4 x New Genuine Normal Wheel Bolts, (Not a fan of the Locking Wheel Nuts at all)
: Deep Cleaned and Sealed the Summer Alloys and put them away ready for Summer.

Uploaded files:
  • 49389954156_5fee1ef4e1_c.jpg
  • 49389480778_faa13a2d43_c.jpg
  • 49389953956_099290809b_c.jpg
  • 82387423_10157125118093207_5591987521778089984_n.jpg

First Wash/Mini Detail...

Not had much time to give the Swift its First Clean in my ownership until Today, I always think that you don't properly get to know a Car Cosmetically until you go around it during the first wash.

I am happy to report that I have not seen/found anything that has upset me or requires any immediate attention, The only area's I will be focusing on when the Weather improves are...

: Paint Decontamination
: Clay
: Full Single Stage Machine Polish/Minor Correction with D/A
: Headlight and Taillight Lens Minor Correction with D/A
: Wax application

: Possibly get the OEM Alloys Refurbished just so the are 100%.

Today was far too Cold for me to even think about any Wax application and more about just getting to know the Car, Normally I would have given the Car a couple of Coats of Collinites around October and then kept it topped up to see it through Winter but obviously I didn't own the Car then.

Spent about 4 Hours Today on the Car and did the following...

Exterior...

: Full thorough Rinse including Wheel Arches and Sill Bottoms using Karcher K2.
: Pre-Wash using Autobrite HD Snow Foam Lance and Magifoam, Left for 5 Minutes to Dwell.
: Full thorough Rinse.
: 2-Bucket Wash One Panel at a time using Meguairs Buckets with Grit Guards, Megs NXT Shampoo & Lambswool Mitt.
: Fuel Filler Cap Area, Door & Tailgate Shuts Cleaned using Valet Pro Detailing Brush and APC.
: Rinsed Again
: Applied Autoglym Polar Seal with Autobrite Lance.
: Rinsed Again.
: Panels & Door Shuts Towel Dried using Elite Car Care Plush Drying Towel.
: Wheels/Arch Liners Dried using Microfibre Drying Towel.
: Autoglym Fast Glass on all Windows.
: Autoglym Glass Polish on all Windows except Front Screen.
: Engine Bay Plastics Dressed using Aerospace 303.
: Wheel Arch Liners and Mudlfaps Dressed using Aerospace 303.
: Exhaust Tailpipes Hand Polished using Autosol.

: Doorshuts Hand Polished using AG SRP.
: Final Wipe over to remove any Water Marks using Elite Buffing Towel & Autoglym Rapid Detailer.

Interior...

: Given quick Hoover out.
: All Dash & Plastics given a Wipe over with Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care.
: Glass cleaned using Autoglym Fast Glass.
: New California Scents Air Freshener...Coronado Cherry.

Couple of snaps from Todays efforts and in Winter Mode...

Uploaded files:
  • 84267046_10157137967233207_428302505353412608_n.jpg
  • 83363415_10157137967213207_1469258670729592832_n.jpg
  • 82508411_10157137906703207_7545580677995954176_o.jpg
  • 82511984_10157137907793207_2513815315779944448_o.jpg
  • 82588352_10157137906983207_1272470055275200512_o.jpg

Continued from last Post...

Uploaded files:
  • 82973119_10157137967113207_8073172991757778944_n.jpg
  • 82372534_10157137967098207_266309717771419648_n.jpg
  • 82809137_10157137967263207_455717337438355456_n.jpg
  • 82627182_10157137967093207_6355939552355418112_n.jpg
  • 83770028_10157137967323207_812783059953778688_n.jpg

Great work dude ?

bonelorry has reacted to this post.
bonelorry

Hi Simon. And a big welcome to the SSSOC 🙂

bonelorry

Hi Simon and welcome.

Something tells me this will be the cleanest ZC32s in the land come the summertime..?

bonelorry

Your car looks awesome , I know they are just steel wheels for winter driving but the black wheels look awesome on a white swift sport.

bonelorry

Thanks for the Warm Welcome everyone, I will keep you all posted with any future updates on the Car.

Plan is as mentioned to keep it as Clean as possible and enjoy it!

Very nice sport I had one just like it...interesting you came from a Fabia I had a new red 2005 VRS back in the day which was one of the best car's I've owned.

You mentioned you had a difficult time replacing your VRS wait till the time comes to replace your Sport I had a hell of a time doing just that and to be quite truthfull its replacement doesn't come close to the fun I had in my Sport.

They are great cars look after it and it'll last a very long time...they like a good workout by the way.

Christ I miss my Sport...!!!

bonelorry and corolla54 have reacted to this post.
bonelorrycorolla54