Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

clunk when rocking car back and forth

thanks, but I'm not sure what exactly i need. How many mounts are there for gearbox? suzuki says it's either 0.5 or 1 hour job.

Quote from Moyz on August 19, 2020, 2:59 pm

Should only take an hour at most ?

I done mine on my 33S in about 30 minutes but garages will round that up to an hour ?

How many miles on your 33 when part failed?
i was told its a chronic issue on 33s

Mine didnt fail, a solid rear engine mount is one of the best modifications you can do in my eyes, so I changed it out as soon as I could get my hands on one ?

bl**dy hell this is getting ridicules now.

1. went into 1 garage, they said top mount needs replacing. 50 quid, investigaton paid.
2. 2nd garage, gearbox mount, quoted 440+VAT. f... off i said. 2.5 hours labor? ????
3. went into suzuki to do the 7 year service ( 2500 miles and 0.4 year earlier than needed, but it was 1 hour drive so i though why not ) 200 quid and they no idea what makes the clunking noise and was advised to wait until it gets worse. WTF.

rant over. have a nice weekend 🙂

If you need the lower gearbox mount mate I have one sat in my garage 40 quid, suzuki charge like 200 quid for them, I was told that was my issue so when I removed it I noticed there was nothing wrong with it

not really sure what I need anymore. 3 garages, heard 3 things.

how many gearbox mounts are there?
which 1 is the gearbox mount? see pic

Uploaded files:
  • image5.png

Number 1 and 2 mate

I have number 2 sat in the garage

"Get an uprated Hardrace one for 120 quid mate ?"

thanks @barnardzc32s but i think if i go down this route i get an up-rated one as suggested by @moyz
so even if it won't fix the clunk i get some better shift feel

@moyz do u have a link ? i cannot find it anywhere

Here you go mate...

https://www.ctc-performance.co.uk/store/hardrace-swift-sport-2012-zc32-rear-engine-mount/

If he doesnt have one in stock, you should get it in about 5 to 10 days ?

S Illes has reacted to this post.
S Illes

thanks, looks like the 3rd item on my picture above.

i think i wait until it gets worse and can tell for sure what's making the noise.

cannot afford to replace all 3 at this time.