Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Clunking when turning left at speed

So it only happens when in gear, under acceleration and under no acceleration mate so seems like gearbox / diff issues

It sounds like you have narrowed it down to gearbox or diff as you say. I think you have reached the point of having to take it to a mechanic and give them a ride to demonstrate the noise. You might as well ask for professional help now rather than replace parts and hope!

Update it does still do it when not in gear 🙄 I've already shown 3 mechanics and they aren't sure, they said either gearbox / diff or drivers drive shaft so I'm getting to the point of ending the car lol, I've ordered a new box already now so I'll try it and see I guess

Have all the engine mounts been checked? All the lower bushings? Honestly sounds like a bush has gone on an engine mount or droplink/balljoint. I'd hate for you to spend tons of cash on a gearbox or something and it turns out to be a 30 quid balljoint or something...

Holy moly,thats a big commitment! Unless my car was undrivable I would be trading it in for something else rather than changing the gearbox!

ordering a new gearbox damn!!!!
Barnardzc32s can you post a video of the noise?? i am curious.
thank you

I've changed lower arm, top mounts, tie rods the lot, even changed lower engine mount, I've got ahold of a 28k mileage gearbox and centre drive shaft for 230 so I'll fit that myself next weekend and go from there, I won't give up on it lol I would never sell a dodgy car, plus I love the car 😂

Well, good luck to you sir 👍

Fingers crossed Barnard that everything will be ok 🤞