Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Conversion from Automatic to Manual

Hi guys, I need some help.
I replaced the Automatic Transmission in my 2012 Monster Sport ZC32S with the manual transmission from my stock 2012 ZC32S.

I got it to start, after some issues with the immobilizer (had to reprogram). However, I have a check engine light and the engine hardly has any power. The car is pretty much driving like a 700CC engine, it won't even go up a slight hill.

Do you think I need to use the ECU from the stock ZC32S instead of the Monster Sport ECU?

As I write this I'm wondering if a factory reset, would do the trick?

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20180803_113455.jpg
  • IMG-20190317-WA0021__01.jpg

Sounds like the engine is going into limp home mode , I would think the standard ECU would fix the issue.

Your ECU thinks your car is an automatic which is obviously confusing the hell out of the ECU.

i had always wanted to convert my zc32 cvt to a manual gearbox!
hows the difficulty is the conversion?

cant help with your question. i would think you need to use a manual ECU instead of ECU from the old CVT ECU?

Quote from Jason Muir on January 26, 2020, 12:58 pm

Sounds like the engine is going into limp home mode , I would think the standard ECU would fix the issue.

Your ECU thinks your car is an automatic which is obviously confusing the hell out of the ECU.

You were right, we did however get the car to start. The immobilizer was the issue.

However being in limp mode, it currently drives like a normal car, and we all know there is nothing normal about a swift sport. So up to 4,000 rpm there is no throttle response, even when flat on the accelerator. It pulls hard between 4,000rpm and about 5,500rpm, only up to 4th gear. In 5th gear the car actually starts to slow down.

Quote from Rick Ang on February 20, 2020, 12:59 pm

i had always wanted to convert my zc32 cvt to a manual gearbox!
hows the difficulty is the conversion?

cant help with your question. i would think you need to use a manual ECU instead of ECU from the old CVT ECU?

The conversion was not difficult, you just need most if not all the wiring from a manual swift sport. The conversion process on my car was done by one individual. It took him about a week (working on both cars-manual and CVT), plus a couple of days to figure out why it was not starting. When completed other than being in limp mode no one could tell that it was converted, including Swift Sport Owners

Yes the manual ECU has to be used. We were hoping the CVT would work because it is a MSE ECU (might put it up for sale soon). Apparently there is a chip built in the CVT ECU that prevents it from accepting the manual transmission.