Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Dave’s Burning Red ZC33s

This is my Sport, one week old today.

Spent yesterday giving it a machine polish to remove the swirls and stuff the dealership had put in when they washed and polished it. 😕

It’s come up really nice but I don’t rate Suzuki’s painting very much at all! It has orange peel in a few places and most noticeably along the top of the front bumper which I also saw on another Red Sport at a totally different dealership to the one mine was ordered through.

It’s nicely protected for the winter weather now though, with a coat of Collinite wax and two coats of wheel sealant.

No plans for the car at this stage, just want to get it run in and enjoy it.

Uploaded files:
  • DD1F0D85-125C-4CD0-BB63-663B8E64EFF3.jpeg
  • 3ABC3748-4325-440A-9096-274436ED9695.jpeg
  • 0A63C83B-FA8C-486C-B802-E9B8DAF3D662.jpeg

Looks awesome mate 😍

The car looks great David. Looks like a mirror mate 👍

Quote from Moyz on October 29, 2019, 12:32 pm

Looks awesome mate 😍

Thanks 🙂

Quote from Marc Roberts on October 29, 2019, 1:46 pm

The car looks great David. Looks like a mirror mate 👍

Thanks, this colour certainly polishes up nice 👌

Looks great David.

As mentioned before - I do like the red.

As for 'orange peel' or poor paint quality. I can't say I've got any problems with the paint on my Speedy Blue 33S. It's a consistently good quality finish across the entire car. My previous 32S was good as well.

We also have a Vitara that has no issues we can see.

I will keep an eye out now to see if I can spot any newer Suzuki's with paint issues!

Quote from DazzaSport on October 29, 2019, 5:28 pm

Looks great David.

As mentioned before - I do like the red.

As for 'orange peel' or poor paint quality. I can't say I've got any problems with the paint on my Speedy Blue 33S. It's a consistently good quality finish across the entire car. My previous 32S was good as well.

We also have a Vitara that has no issues we can see.

I will keep an eye out now to see if I can spot any newer Suzuki's with paint issues!

It’s probably typical of my luck that the Red colour had a bad batch or something. Come the spring it’s nothing that can’t be sorted with a light wet sand and polish 👍

Gave the car a wash today to try some Autoglym Polar seal that my brother bought me for Christmas, have to say it’s a nice product, put it on just before the final rinse and it leaves a coating on the car encouraging water to sheet off and it looks nice a glossy too.

Also touched up a few stone chips temporarily until I can do a proper job at the end of the month.

Been using the engine a lot more now it’s got a few miles on it, a pleasing find is that at high revs the 1.4 has a slight hint of an old Peugeot 16v on throttle bodies sound, I imagine a performance air filter highlights this a bit more.

Uploaded files:
  • 89185A70-99CC-4197-ACAA-592BB7009A55.jpeg
  • E749D351-3BF6-40E5-9688-CBA3C7E5D264.jpeg
  • 88255FB8-A1A3-40BA-BA52-558943F7F47B.jpeg
  • 23D20EE4-0BE3-4928-AAA9-D5BAEACC92B2.jpeg

Looking good mate 👍

I used the Megs equivalent of that Polar stuff you have...I was really surprised with how well the car looked and it has held up very nicely over the past couple of weeks. The Megs stuff is supposedly some kind of ceramic hybrid blah blah...only time will tell how long it lasts I suppose 😁

Hi David.

Glad to hear that you are enjoying your new car mate. And regarding the Autoglym Polar Seal, I was wondering about that stuff myself. Think I'll give It a try sometime 👍

My old XR2 in the 90's had twin weber carbs on it. One choke per cylinder (4x chokes in all of course).

My car had a Facet electric fuel pump that used to constantly tick in the engine bay whilst the ignition was on. The noisy ticking from the DI system in the 33S was one thing that reminded me of my old XR2.

It's nice to have something to give that little feeling of nostalgia. In my 32S, it was the fact that it was NA. In the 33S, it is that ticking from the DI system. Lovely!