Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumZC33: Problems/SolutionsFront radar ?
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Front radar ?

Hi The HKS intercooler is not compatible with the square radar built into the bumper...
Dose anyone know what exactly the radar is for and can it be removed or moved without causing
warning lights or other problems..
Thanks for any advice... Nick

The radar is there for the adaptive cruise control and the collision prevention system...you disable it, you'll get warning lights and as far as I know, no company sells cancel gizmos for it I'm afraid.

Just get a CTC or Forge intercooler??...the HKS one will probably cost you double and perform no better 😕

Hi I have been offered the HKS at a great price.... or i would go for the ctc as it looks quality...
I thought the radar in the bumper was for cruse control and i never use that.. If anyone knows what it dose please
let me know thanks... I will just remove it or move it..

Ok thanks for the info what a shame.. looks like its ctc then...
Unless it can be moved? Nick

HKS Does offer Two Versions of the Intercooler one for Front Radar and one without

https://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/product_search/product/123/type/32/

Here they are

SUZUKI
SWIFT SPORT ZC33S K14C(TURBO) 17/09- R type INTERCOOLER 695 x 178 x 100・Front mount (Factory replacement)
R type 13001-AS002
Detail: Modification of the front bumper is required, more details here https://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/product_db/cooling/db/21044

SWIFT SPORT ZC33S K14C(TURBO) 17/09- R type INTERCOOLER 595 x 178 x 100・Front mount (Factory replacement)
R type 13001-AS003

You Just need to go with this Part Number 13001-AS003 if you have the Safety Package (aka Front Radar)

Thank's for info..
You can fit 13001-AS002, but you must change radar mounting, as show here :
https://www.hks-power.co.jp/en/product_db/cooling/db/img/13001as002_p3.jpg
you have to move forward so that it doesn't touch intercooler..

Hi Please be aware its not quite as easy as that...
You can fit 13001-as002 but you have to cut the bottom part of the metal front bumper brace off with a angle grinder..
Drill out the 6 spot welds of the radar bracket.. somehow relocate the quite large adjustable brackets that hold the Radar.
There is basically know where to attach the radar without it looking ridiculous or having protection from the rain..
Also cut all the plastic fins / honeycomb off the bottom half of the grill..
You will also have quite a few beeping permanent dash warning lights because the radar is now out of calibration..
No one wants to calibrate or touch it because its not in the right place.. liability..
Please don't ask how I know this...
Buy HKSas003 ctc forge if you have a radar...

I bought the forge one

very wise decision pal... The only reason I went for the AS002 is because of the price I was offered it for...
Can I ask did you have to touch the radar to fit the forge..?
Nick

No didn't have to touch the radar at all

Uploaded files:
  • DSC_2496.JPG