Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Getting stiffer? (Ooer, missus!)

Hi All,
My 2018 turbo Sport seems to feel stiffer than when it was new. This is something I noticed a few months ago. But having taken the car out on some longer trips this week - I'd say the car is definitely stiffer than when it was new. I'm just wondering whether anyone else has noticed this with their cars?

My car is just over 1.5 years old. It's got nearly 14k miles on the clock.

Whenever possible, the cars handling / grip is used to the max. My car has stock suspension of course.

Anyway, I feel that the initial ride comfort seems sharper than what I remember when the car was new. I think the suspension has settled somewhat, and some of the initial ride progression (or slack) has been taken up in the springs due to this 'settling'. Comparing the car with pictures of new Swift Sports - I do get the impression that my car could be slightly lower - again because of settling. It's probably nothing major - no more than 10mm lower at a guess.

So the car feels a bit sharper on rough surfaces. Which I don't mind at all. I like a good solid chassis - not bone-jarring though! I suspect that roll stiffness would have improved on the loaded wheels as well. The whole car just seems sharper to me - and that's a good thing.

So, anyone else noticed similar?

Cheers

I don't know but it could be the that the bushes have hardened a bit with age.

Its probably down to the springs settling in. I've not really noticed to be honest, but I've only done like 7k miles ?

3000 hard driven km on mine and yes i too feel suspension stiffer. its a good thing. for road use the factory suspension is great.
6000 Km the car feels a whole lot better. The suspension feels more communicative with the driver .
just make sure your factory tires pressures are spot on and drive.
The Interior gas smell still not solved.