Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

How to: Sound deadening + Insulating your Suzuki Swift

Just to widen the subject briefly, your comment about acoustics is spot on. We live in a world were everything can be measured and reduced to numbers and curves. Despite that, broadcasters and film makers keep screwing the sound. The video is always perfect. Sound is a mysterious and dark art.

The front quarter panels look easy to get at for insulation and should offer a good resultĺ as they are very close to the front tyres and the engine.

You seem to have the sound deadening up to Merc standards there. I can also hear the low frquency of the knock and the lack of reverb.

The front quarter panels look easy to get at for insulation and should offer a good resultĺ as they are very close to the front tyres and the engine.

You seem to have the sound deadening up to Merc standards there. I can also hear the low frquency of the knock and the lack of reverb.

@foxy - Panel drumming is just one equation when addressing noise in a car environment. The door skin on that merc is about 3 times thicker and heavier compare to the one in Swift and is laced with a lot more sound insulation material. The glass on the window is also twice as thick. Having said that I would still take the Swift Sport if driving experience is the priority 🙂

Reza: Forgive me for my poor understanding but I have received the door seals from Aliexpress. Prompt service considering. I am puzzled about which way up the seals go. One end is closed and the other is open. Also, any advice about cutting it to get a neat finish?