Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral Discussion: GeneralInsurance
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Insurance

Wondered what everyone is paying to insure their Sports?

I've just renewed for my first full year policy on my 69 plate Sport and paid £233 with esure, thats for a basic policy with protected no claims, 41yrs old with 20+ yrs no claims living in Leicestershire.

Seems reasonable considering the car is group 35.

My Aygo was £197 last year and the Fiesta ST before that £270 ish.

That's a good price David. I'm a fair bit older than you and I'm paying £258 per year for my 65 plate Swift Sport with Ageas for fully comprehensive Insurance with protected no claims bonus. And that's a saving for me of £176 a year compared to what I was paying with Tesco Insurance for a 2010 Hyundai 1.6 i30 🤔

I paid £215 with Adrian Flux last year, I have 19 years NCB but basically they only care about nine ! Car is unmodified, kept off the road at night and I was 47 at the time of renewal.

I don't think that's too bad !

Quote from Marc Roberts on January 13, 2020, 2:30 pm

That's a good price David. I'm a fair bit older than you and I'm paying £258 per year for my 65 plate Swift Sport with Ageas for fully comprehensive Insurance with protected no claims bonus. And that's a saving for me of £176 a year compared to what I was paying with Tesco Insurance for a 2010 Hyundai 1.6 i30 🤔

I was pleasantly surprised, it’s been the case for me that newer cars are cheaper to insure, looks to be the same case for you compared To the Hyundai!

Quote from Uruk Hai on January 14, 2020, 12:39 pm

I paid £215 with Adrian Flux last year, I have 19 years NCB but basically they only care about nine ! Car is unmodified, kept off the road at night and I was 47 at the time of renewal.

I don't think that's too bad !

That is good, a lot of companies only use up to 9 years NCB but their database still recognises exactly how many years you actually have. Funny how the insurance group doesn’t always determine the overall cost.

Im paying £223 for my 2013 sport im 50 & have 9yrs ncb but really should have 33 yrs

You guys got it good , I'm 31 with 10 years NCB and I pay £413 a year.

2016 SSS ZC32 £265

40 years old, 9+ years pncb.

Business and pleasure.

There's one thing that I've finally realised. Never stick with the same car Insurance company for too long. After 12 years or so with Tesco Insurance I decided to look on gocompare.com just to see If I could get cheaper car Insurance for my previous car. And I kid you not, I actually found my then existing car policy with the same Insurer (Tesco Insurance) for over £170 cheaper per year. Needless to say I cancelled Immediately and changed companys. A total piss take In my eyes 😠

I always go on compare the market then normally find the cheapest is the company im with but the renewal price is always more so i just ring up my company & they match the price on compare the market

Quote from Mark Smith on January 15, 2020, 7:50 pm

I always go on compare the market then normally find the cheapest is the company im with but the renewal price is always more so i just ring up my company & they match the price on compare the market

Good Idea that Mark. Think I'll try that when my Insurance Is up for renewal 👍