Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Looking for ZC32 - Any Advice

Hi all,

First post on here, also I have been lurking for a while though!

I'm looking to upgrade my '04 Golf TDI to a SSS, after coming to the conclusion that any similar VAG is perhaps a bit overpriced and doesn't really have the reliability in comparison to a SSS (N/A v turbo in particular). Although I am still a bit tempted by the 1.4 Polo Bluegt/Ibiza ACT, as they seem to give a good level of performance and spec.

I test drove a ZC32 last week, and got on well with it. It could have been better as it seemed the brakes were a bit shot and didn't really get enough time to warm it up properly.

I think I would ideally be looking for a '15 plate with Nav, with mileage not really being an issue as long as its got good history. I've read that earlier models have issues with steering racks, is this the general consensus?

Based in the SW, and not too many private or used-approved seem to come up. Has any one sold/bought one recently that could give me and idea of the current pricing?

If anyone is interested in selling theirs, I may also be interested!

Thanks

bought mine in February for around 7k, 36k miles. 5 doors. 2014 model
so far i like it. it is pretty quick up to legal speed limits.

Look for full service history and you should be fine.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah not sure I need anything much faster at the moment.

If you don't mind me asking, was that private or through a dealer? I think I'll either go through Suzuki approved, or buy private and have a wedge of cash left over if anything is fundamentally wrong with it.

independent garage. it was really hard to find one with the right spec/colour/doors etc.

here it is: https://www.sssoc.co.uk/forum/topic/where-to-buy-in-uk/#postid-3794

That's a very helpful thread, cheers.

Looks like you had similar criteria to myself, although I'm looking for a 3-door, so fingers crossed it should be slightly easier.

Hi JCW.

My advice would be to try to find a car that's not been modified. That way If you decide to add any mods yourself later on then you've got a blank canvas. Apart from that, just look for a clean car with a full service history. The ZC32 engines are pretty bullit proof If looked aftera and basically the whole car Is great value for money. I love mine to bits.

I bought my 65 plate just over a year ago with 35k on the clock and It's never missed a beat. And all I've had to do Is to add a new battery and replace the Tyres.

Good luck and please keep us Informed on how you get on with your search 👍

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20200803_153010.jpg

Thanks for the replys!

To widen my search (and save money), I have thought about going for '12,'13,'14 plates, but the only concern I have is about the steering rack issue. I think I read somewhere on here about it, but I couldn't see much when googling it. Is there any issue with the earlier models?

when i was researching .... i could not find any evidence about steering rack issues, other than 1 random post somewhere, think it was a youtube comment.
if that was a common issue , it would have been called back?

Quote from Jcw100 on August 14, 2020, 8:23 am

Thanks for the replys!

To widen my search (and save money), I have thought about going for '12,'13,'14 plates, but the only concern I have is about the steering rack issue. I think I read somewhere on here about it, but I couldn't see much when googling it. Is there any issue with the earlier models?

I think that most of the Issues relating to the steering rack were a lot more common In other countries and not the UK. And touch wood, I've had no problems so far with my steering rack on my 65 plate ZC32. Here's a previous link from this forum relating to this Issue :

https://www.sssoc.co.uk/forum/topic/steering-rack-issues/