Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Michelin Pilot Sport 4's

Not sure how long they've been on the market for. But you can now buy Michelin PS4's in the standard Swift Sport fitment size. (195/45-17)

Helpful to someone I'm sure!

John Kinkade has reacted to this post.
John Kinkade

Useful info - thanks!

By all all accounts they are very very good tyres, I reckon I'll be giving then a go next time round.

From what I can gather and have read they're excellent but you certainly have to pay for the privilege!

I've got them on my new wheels in a 215 section and the full set was miles cheaper than a full set of stock continentals. And miles more grip so far.

I think Michelin tyres are good. They are probably the all round best tyre manufacturer on the market.

I don't know how the Continental PremiumContact 6 compares to the ContiSportContacts 5's on the ZC33S.

But in this video below, the tester says the CPC6 tyre is a sportier feeling tyre compared to the Michelin PS4's.

Based on his opinion, I'd have the Continental's over the Michelin's - because sportiness and feel are more important to me than anything else.

Annoyingly CPC6 don't seem to be available in 195/45r17, although they are available in 205/40r17. When the time comes I may try MPS4's, but as Dazza says outright grip is not always the utmost priority with tyres.

Incidentally how many miles are people getting out of there standard Continental's?

I had maybe 1mm left on 17k but they were delaminating really badly il find the picture I took

If you look to the right hand side of the tyre

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_20200516_114916.jpg

Thanks Will. Had they been on track?