Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumZC33: ModsMods so far...
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Mods so far...

I hope you don’t mind me jumping in Ben
But can I ask Daniel for an installed photo of his Remus
I have Remus on my bike and it’s excellent quality however is it the same with their car exhausts
Thanks bob

Oh boy you should see my google docs spreadsheet with parts and stuff for the Swift that interests me. It is several miles long hahaha.

I'm a big nerd when it comes to kitting out my cars with the craziest things that is available as OE accessories and other stuff that isn't OE but has the look and feel to be as good or better.

Here is a screenshot of my list for OE parts, i have seven or so other sheets for parts from different brands like HKS, cusco etc...

If you want to find some neat OE gear you should look in the countries where the Suzuki dealers are independent from Suzuki HQ in japan like the netherlands for example.

Robert:
The only pics i have of the car online are pretty crap but if you want to see them they are here: https://www.garaget.org/?car=419447
There is not much to see of the exhaust unless you crawl under the car to look and i haven't done that yet haha.

Uploaded files:
  • stuffz.jpg

Thanks daniel
Is it a huge box running across the rear ? And slip joints what front pipe ?
I have a track lotus Elise that’s been throttle bodies, supercharger , and now has a rear mount turbo
One thing I have learnt is decide what you want and do it once Or it gets very expensive lol
So I have the hks turbo sat here but deciding on an exhaust I want 60 mm min dia hence the Remus

Robert: I honestly have no idea, my car was a demo car built by a authorized dealer (and when i say built i mean they put the decals on, 18" JR22's with chinese tires, the remus exhaust and a really shoddy "tuning box" on it).

So yeah, i have never really gone underneath to look at the exhaust in great detail. I do think that the Remus is a poor choice for tuning though since it's made for the stock cat so the diameter of the downpipe is smaller than the one that comes with HKS's sport cat for example.

So i had the guy who made the dyno map for my car also chop off the ends of the two pipes (Remus and HKS) and match them up so i had the greater diameter pipe installed. I think it ended up being the HKS downpipe.

The Remus exhaust uses the stock sized flange up front to the cat and then after that everything is the kind of joint where the pipes just slips into the other and has a pipe clamp on it.

The HKS cat instead includes a downpipe that is a bigger diameter than the stock one and the flange between cat and DP is larger and then the DP is supposed to connect to the stock exhaust with a OE flange.

So my problem was that the Remus DP didn't fit the cat up front because the flange was too small (sized for the OE cat) and the HKS DP didn't fit the remus exhaust in the back because it had a flange instead of Remus' slip on...

If you have the HKS turbo just get their cat and their exhaust, it should all fit together with no problems like i had..
If i had money to burn on more parts for my car i would absolutely swap out the Remus, it is the same system used on suzuki's competition cars but it has no roar at all. Very boring exhaust tbh.

Don't mind at all Robert 😁

Daniel, that is some list and organisation! Very impressive.

Just had a look at various Suzuki dealers around the world and it's unreal! Offering 18" Oz Racing wheels as an optional extra along with lots of other trick little bits. My main source of parts lists so far has been Japan, who again stock way more than can be found here.

Also couldn't resist a peek at your car and wow! I like that a lot! As I mentioned, I've seen the GReddy steering wheel in Japan stores but it looks so much better actually on the car! I thought it maybe looked too subtle for the cost, but in your pic it's quite a dramatic change!

Very impressive work there 👍

Why isn't the quote function working properly ?
When i press quote nothing happens except the "reply" button vanishes xD

Anyway, yeah most of the interesting stuff is found in asia but a lot can be found in NL and austria. My foldable mirror module comes from Holland for example. I even found out just today that the swift can be equipped with 360° cameras so you get that fancy top down all around view at the push of a button :O
It's a completely different stereo unit though but it looks like it would slot in nicely in our european dashes. It has cameras in the grille, the same camera on the boot as the backup cam of the non sport swift and then one camera on each wing mirror. If you google "swift rs" you will find tons of indian videos where you can see it.

And if you look at the bottom of my list you can see eye lids (part number 99119-52R00-ZWG) those are one of the things i found in japan, 100% OE part and as you can perhaps see from the "ZWG" they even come pre-painted in the colour of your car which in my case is Speedy Blue aka ZWG.

And lastly thank you 🙂

EDIT: Oh i totally forgot you mentioned the 18" OZ wheels, they come with the Katana. Have you seen the Swift Sport Katana ?
OMFG i would walk over broken glass for one of those :O
The one thing i want most from it is the all leather interior...

Hi Daniel.

The quote function doesn't automatically appear when you tap It. You need to press quote and leave you finger on It for a second. This will then open up a window with different options. Just choose the option 'open In new tab' this will then show the entire post that you are quoting from 👍

Ps : This Is the window that should open up after you have opened up the quote window :

Uploaded files:
  • Screenshot_20200517_090948.jpg

Yes, I've seen the Maruti Swifts and it's amazing how many differences there are, even the little ones. I saw one (don't recall if it was a Sport) that had a really plain steering wheel with no buttons. I've seen a few videos from Japan too where they have no infotainment system, just a blank black panel where it should be. Seems popular to stick a large Monster Energy sticker in there for some reason.

The 360 view camera's would be nice to have, but then this is the first car I've had with any camera at all so I'm really appreciating the reversing one 😁 Especially coming from the Vitara where it was surprisingly tricky to know how close you were to reversing into the car behind.

I did notice the eyelids could be had prepainted from a couple of places. Certainly much better than purchasing them unpainted! I feel like for the price of the unpainted ones, you could do a similar thing with some quality vinyl.

I love the Katana! Just a shame they produced them in such limited numbers. For the year I was waiting to get the Swift, I was really hoping they were going to produce more numbers. Seems crazy for anything but supercars to produce so few examples when they really seem to add more to the package. Especially the seats. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the ones I have, but it's a big upgrade on the Katana!

Quote from Marc Roberts on May 17, 2020, 8:08 am

Hi Daniel.

The quote function doesn't automatically appear when you tap It. You need to press quote and leave you finger on It for a second. This will then open up a window with different options. Just choose the option 'open In new tab' this will then show the entire post that you are quoting from 👍

Ps : This Is the window that should open up after you have opened up the quote window :

Oh so i have to force the quote page to load by right clicking it and then click open link. That's not wierd at all.. 😀
Kind of like Apple designs their phones, "It's not a bug, it's a FEATURE!"

Oh well it works i guess, thanks 🙂

Quote from Ben-jpn on May 17, 2020, 9:05 am

Yes, I've seen the Maruti Swifts and it's amazing how many differences there are, even the little ones. I saw one (don't recall if it was a Sport) that had a really plain steering wheel with no buttons. I've seen a few videos from Japan too where they have no infotainment system, just a blank black panel where it should be. Seems popular to stick a large Monster Energy sticker in there for some reason.

The 360 view camera's would be nice to have, but then this is the first car I've had with any camera at all so I'm really appreciating the reversing one 😁 Especially coming from the Vitara where it was surprisingly tricky to know how close you were to reversing into the car behind.

I did notice the eyelids could be had prepainted from a couple of places. Certainly much better than purchasing them unpainted! I feel like for the price of the unpainted ones, you could do a similar thing with some quality vinyl.

I love the Katana! Just a shame they produced them in such limited numbers. For the year I was waiting to get the Swift, I was really hoping they were going to produce more numbers. Seems crazy for anything but supercars to produce so few examples when they really seem to add more to the package. Especially the seats. Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy the ones I have, but it's a big upgrade on the Katana!

Yeah when you look around the world a bit you really start to notice how much the equipment level goes up and down, often in wierd combinations.
Like that "RS" with the 360° camera it is a standard swift as we see it but with a sporty badge on it. It has no exterior dress up at all from what i could tell and the 3 cylinder 100-110hp engine. Not exactly what i would be thinking of hearing the RS moniker... xD

Having used beepers for many years in my saabs i miss those and i hate the camera on the swift, don't you find that it is basically useless in anything other than high noon sunlight ?
I have swapped out both my reversing lights and my plate lights for very bright led's but still the camera just doesn't work all too well at night.
And the placement is hot garbage too, it constantly gets so dirty that even when the picture would otherwise be good it's just a blurry mess until you step out and wipe it off. And at that point i feel that the point of having a camera is gone.

The Katana is one of the specials made by Suzuki NL, hence the low numbers. They are not owned by suzuki so the brand itself had nothing to do with these cars being made. Every car started it's life as a regular swift being shipped to NL and then modded there to become the katana.
That is how my dealer explained it, most suzuki franchises around the world are owned by Suzuki JP so they are restricted in what they are allowed to do. But a few countries doesn't have that restriction by Suzuki's ownership but rather is a separate organization that makes their own calls about what they do with the cars they sell.
So as i said, the netherlands is one such country and i think austria is another. There is probably a bunch of independent Suzuki dealer networks but those are the ones i know of atm.

And yeah the seats! <3
Those are the thing i want most from the Katana tbh. I think that the door cards are also leather covered but i may be wrong there.

Yes, that 3 cylinder engine is a strange one in anything other than a standard one. The outside does look too ordinary, and I'm not really a fan of the regular ZC33 exterior.

I don't have too many issues with the camera, but I haven't driven it in terrible weather yet. Most I've seen is if I accidentally get wax on the lens or sonetimes I see raindrops hanging down. If you're having trouble with the camera at night, you may be able to do something with ultra bright infra-red LED's. Panel mount ones wouldn't look out of place on or around the bumper somewhere. Should work much better than regular LED's.

Im sure the door cards are leather covered with the Katana logo stitched into them. There was one at the Tokyo Auto Salon too, which looked very good apart from the plastic interior parts inside that are an oil slick rainbow colour. Really don't like that! The carbon surround on the infotainment screen is good though. But I don't think that will be a production example, just their take on the Katana.

It's strange that Suzuki Japan are so against a model like that when Japan is a source of a huge range of aftermarket parts. There is obviously a demand for them!

Uploaded files:
  • 2020-Suzuki-Swift-Katana-Interior.jpg