Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumZC33: General DiscussionNew Swift Sport 2020
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

New Swift Sport 2020

I don't think the k14d will disappoint. Suzuki understands that the Swift Sport must be a fun car to drive otherwise they may as well pack up and go home. The warm hatch competition is too close for comfort. We will have to wait and see.

The RAC like it...

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/car-reviews/suzuki/swift/swift-sport-hybrid/

Oh dear, oh dear. Autocar are saying that the new car will cost £21.5k. All those who got one of the non hybrid cars will have picked up a bargain.

It is £21,500 or more if you want two tone paint. Trouble is that’s what hybrids cost. Won’t be long before that’s all that’s on the market the Focus RS has now been signed to the history books dropped by ford...

I’m looking fwd to get ours to be fair.

Looks like Suzuki have updated the UK website. Full details on the hybrid car now.

Looks like the price is £21,570 no matter what colour option you go for.

That said, I'm sure discounts are possible.

that's fiesta st money, i like suzuki coz it's will last forever, but that price is not competitive

As a headline figure that's a lot of money in my opinion, as post above says that right on the fiesta ST price. But like all other manufacturers the RRP is very rarely what your pay.

If they do what they did the this shape was released, they did upto £2k off (dealer determined how much of that they gave off) and £750 finance contribution then that'll help with sales.

I was considering one of these new ones... but two things put me off. 1) i wish they did some update on the interior but its exactly the same and 2) i really want the new focus ST and they can be had for c£25k (6months old).

Anyone have any idea when these will be at dealers for test drives?

I can understand that the hybrid stuff costs extra but is it really worth it for the very small improvement in fuel economy? I suspect that they have had to do it to comply with emission regulations. Not a good deal for customers.

Where I live the new model costs £14.495.

Looks like Suzuki are also offering this car on 0% finance. Whether that's PCP or HP. So if anyone manages to swing a discount as well. 0% finance no matter which way you finance it - could be enticing. If a dealer can be swayed to sell you one for £20k straight (or less) AND on 0% finance. I'd say the deal wasn't too bad.

I'm still interested on what the true HP figure is on this hybrid version as well. Hopefully when CTC get their hybrid car - and have run it in properly. They'll get it on the dyno with TM99 in the tank for the baseline run.

As some may have seen in YT already. Some bloke with the new car has already easily got the car in the 7 second bracket for 0 to 62 MPH. In fact, his best was 7.34 seconds. If his timings are accurate - that is very similar to times posted for the K14C equipped car.

If the car really does make circa 150+ HP. That'd be great.

The question is. Why do Suzuki continue to be conservative with their numbers - power and performance. On paper, they make their cars look less powerful and slower than they really are. The amount of reviews I've seen where the journalist says 'it feels quicker than the numbers suggest'. That's because it is! LOL