Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumGeneral Discussion: GeneralNew Yaris GR-Four
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

New Yaris GR-Four

I know it’s not Suzuki related but WOW!

Where did this come from Toyota? Looks to be a completely bonkers hatch, just hope it handles and drives as good as it looks.

260hp ish from a 1.6 3 cylinder Turbo engine, with switchable 4 wheel drive 50/50, 40/60 or 30/70 split.

Price estimated at £30-35k depending on options, is it’s price going to kill it before it gets off the ground?

Wow. I wonder what the power to weight ratio Is on that beast. It must go like a rocket 😁

I've been keeping an eye on this for a little while. It weighs 1280kg so its not feather weight but should still be pretty epic with the power. And as we all know from the SSS its not necessarily outright speed that gives the thrills. Next summer I pay off my mortgage, if they haven't all been sold by then.......

I hope it comes with five star safety rating!

Are there seats in the back, will they offer a five door?

I still think when the time comes to replace my ZC32 it will be electric or a second hand i30n 🚀

It looks to be a cracking car, bit too expensive for me though.

I agree with Mark that my next car will probably be an EV, never thought that would happen!

There are seats in the back. 3 door only its a homologation special for Toyota's WRC team.

This thing is gonna be in the mid 5s to 60mph , The problem is it's going to be competing with the Audi S1 in terms of price and in a world where badge snobbery is so rampant it's going to struggle.

I had a work colleague tell me "my car would smoke your car down a motorway slip road because even though it's a 1.6 it's an Audi 1.6 mate".

His car is a 1.6 Diesel Audi A1 btw with a whopping 100hp and it weighs in at 1260kg.

I didn't get involved in the argument I just nodded and moved on with my day.

The same guy said a BMW 320d has a 3.2litre engine.

When I asked him what engine a 840d has he told me 8.4l.

I find it a waste of time explaining things to him.

Sorry for the tangent I got carried away lol

🤣🤣🤣🤣

I've got the same idea as you guys...maybe 10 years time get an electric for the commute and a bike engined '7' in the garage for the weekends 🤘🤩🤘

Quote from Jason Muir on January 29, 2020, 9:12 am

This thing is gonna be in the mid 5s to 60mph , The problem is it's going to be competing with the Audi S1 in terms of price and in a world where badge snobbery is so rampant it's going to struggle.

I had a work colleague tell me "my car would smoke your car down a motorway slip road because even though it's a 1.6 it's an Audi 1.6 mate".

His car is a 1.6 Diesel Audi A1 btw with a whopping 100hp and it weighs in at 1260kg.

I didn't get involved in the argument I just nodded and moved on with my day.

The same guy said a BMW 320d has a 3.2litre engine.

When I asked him what engine a 840d has he told me 8.4l.

I find it a waste of time explaining things to him.

Sorry for the tangent I got carried away lol

I know that particular brand of stupid well, encountered a few over the years.

Observant enough to pick up on the odd nugget of information, but too lazy to ever understand anything properly.

Audi is the car with five zeros. Four on the bonnet and one behind the steering wheel 🙂