Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumZC32: General DiscussionOil change procedure
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Oil change procedure

Hi all. Oil change due on the weekend...would it be wise to renew the drain plug gasket, or re-use the same one ? The manual does not specifically say. Relevant photos attached

Uploaded files:
  • ssss-1.jpg
  • ssss-2.jpg

On my previous car I use to have the sump plug and washer changed but I can't see a problem with changing the washer and using the same plug as long as you give it the once over before refitting. 👍

how many liters of oil those the car take when replacing the oil filter, 4 liters aprox??
and 1.2 liters of brake fluid??
it is important to replace brake fluid every 4 years, because is also used for the clutch.
i think gearbox oil also has to be replaced every 4 years, i think it uses 1.8 liters
thank you

You should check the manual for a) the exact amount b) the viscosity. Regarding brake fluid, I have written a post on this, in this forum. The amount of brake fluid does not seem to be given in the manual, but I found 2 litres to be fine. Always use unopened fluid