Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumZC33: ModsRear anti roll bar?
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Rear anti roll bar?

I am no chasis guru so I may be corrected but I think a strut bar is more designed to limit chasis/bodyshell flexing, allowing the suspension to operate in a more optimal manner, not necessarily changing the handling characteristics. For a road car strut bars are of limited use as far as I am aware.

HTH.

has any one used the Summit S stuff before I'm looking on CTC at two ARBs the Hardrace and Summit. the Summit s is a very different design to any arb I've seen before. is it any good?

Hizzy the Summit one IS not an ARB it is an
Axle frame torsion arm link bar and the purpose is to control the spring and also work with the suspension shock absorbers,
Bob

i must agree with Andrew. when i am driving my car hard into corner i do not comprehend that a rear bar only does the trick.
as i am still debating what to do with my stock zc33. when i had my zc32 that was lowered and added camber bolts and aligned the front with -1.5 neg. camber L&R did the trick. Fast stable driving at speed and cornering was a blast with very little understeer.
unfortunately fellas a rear sway bar will not do the trick to remove understeer.
so now i looking for a street use shock spring combo with caber bolts. Lots of talk about the BC coilover soft enough for street use.
just looking for a vender that will me a kit with lower front and rear spring rate low kg/mm.

ok to update to my last post. I have decided to not lower the car with camber bolts etc. this car i just want to due the minimum such as a cusco rear 16mm sway bar and figure out which intake to go with ctc resonator vs hks. then next i will see what else needs to be done at reasonable prices.
i am guessing a front strut bar but only after rear sway is installed.

An anti roll bar causes more weight transfer at the end where it is fitted. In the limit it will lift the inside wheel off the road. You can see this with 911s being raced where balancing the grip means lifting a front wheel off the road combating power oversteer, or in the MG car club Metro challenge where as the pack pitch into a corner the fwd cars lift the inside back wheel.