Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumZC32: General DiscussionReduce understeer?
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Reduce understeer?

Bought the car in February, came with 4 Falken tyres, the rear ones had only 2-3mm, front ones brand new.

Car was in good balance, but now that I replaced the rear ones with Michelin PS4s, getting too much under steer. Which makes sense coz PS4 rock 🙂

Any suggestions? (cannot afford at the moment to replace the front ones)

Maybe drop tyres pressures in front or put more into rears? Right now running around 36/36

Suzuki recommends 33/31 F/R but that is with tyres with same type.

Maybe 33/36 ? anyone got some experience ?

If it was me I would swap your wheels round so that Pilot Sport 4s are on the front then Falkens on rear & would stick with manufacturers preassures

HTH

Quote from Chris Harrison on April 28, 2020, 6:18 pm

If it was me I would swap your wheels round so that Pilot Sport 4s are on the front then Falkens on rear & would stick with manufacturers preassures

HTH

Ageed 👍

thought about that, but want to get rid of the falkens as fast as possible, so might just leave them on the front where they wear faster 😀

Just a thought.....

Would you spend cash on an upgraded exhaust system even if your original one isn't rusty?

Would you buy a set of coilovers before your dampers are knackered?

Top quality tyres are one of the best upgrades out there,why wait until the cheepo old ones have every last mile squeezed out of them?

I absolutely utterly understand that not everyone has cash to spare,especially at the moment. I am in the 'uncertain future' category myself.

Like I said at the top,just a thought.....

fair enough ... actually replaced the backbox with a Remus one. The old one (rust free) is now in the shed.
however i also like the environment (and my wallet) and it seem like a big waste to chuck a brand new mid range tyre to the bin. still have 6mm thread

also have to agree this tyres are the best upgrades ever(which don't count as upgrade - insurance wise)

Stick 'em on the back and have fun drifting round the place 😁