Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Scottland to London with 1 tank. Indicated mpg vs real

Just came back from driving the NC500, what a road. Finally managed to give the car some beans. What a little cracking machine this is. Perfect car for NC500.

On the way back managed to achieve 385 miles out of 38l of fuel (Tesco 95). (Cruise set to 70, gps speed all the way home) which works out to be 46 mpg. Car indicated 48.9 which is not bad.

Based on previous calculations indicated mpg is way off (15%) using 99 RON, and less off with 95 RON (6-8%)

Uploaded files:
  • mpg.jpg

46 mpg sounds about right to me as well. But It's always good to see some figures to prove It though ?

I Drive from Invergordon to Ayrshire (144 miles) averaging 54mpg. Fuel economy seems alot better than I expected with mine.

Are you using a spreadsheet on your phone to keep note? Great Idea

Can't find a way to PM on here - @kendawgmiyagi do you live in Invergordon? If so is it at all possible for me to maybe come see your swift and have a chat about it? I'm looking to buy but the nearest ones I can see are in Aberdeen area so can't really find out much about them - small world but I live just up the road from Invergordon!

Apologies mate, I bought mine in Invergordon a few weeks ago. Furthest North I've been, lovely part of the world up your way. Some incredible beaches. Im based in Ayrshire so would be a bit of a drive for you to come and see mine but your more than welcome.

@kendawgmiyagi Thank you for your reply - shame about that! Thank you for the offer but as you said it's quite a drive. How is your car for rust underneath? I'm looking at one but it has a fair bit of surface rust, just wondering if it's normal for 4 years old.

Funny you should say that as Im planning on putting it up on the ramp at the weekend to get a closer look underneath it and underseal it, so I let you know how that goes.

@kendawgmiyagi how did that go? Sorry for the delay in replying, I don't get any notification and don't check here very often. That might change though as I'm picking up my own sport on Saturday!

@declan1 Finally got it undersealed the other day. Washed the underside the day before, got it up on the ramp and it was looking in really good condition. Took me 2 hours to do the underside, and I'll hopefully get it up tomorrow and take the wheels off and do the arches. Certainly gives me a bit of piece of mind with all the salt on the roads. If anyone is going to do this I used the "Hammerite underbody seal with added waxoyl" 2.5l tin, think it cost about £18 then bought one can of the Aerosol for the areas tricky to get to with the brush. Definitely a job I would recommend doing.