Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumZC33: General DiscussionTyres
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Tyres

Please let me know how you find them. Is tyre noise an issue for you?

yes Ken, tyre noise is a issue for me as I travel on some rough tarmac roads and the noise is a pain.
I found the yokos on my previous 32S were very quiet.

Cheers Paul. Had occasion to go out earlier down a local dual carriageway and motorway. There is no way I am going to live with those Contis for the next so many thousand miles. The noise was horrendous. When I took it for a test drive the section of motorway road noise was acceptable so much so that I could talk to the salesman without raising my voice. The real world has turned out to be somewhat different. I do sometimes wonder if the dealer substituted the tyres.
To be homest, I didn't buy the Sport for long journeys because we have a Civic Sport for that purpose. Nevertheless, it just seems a
S

Went from Falkens to Michelin PS4's, not only the handling improved, but road noise and comfort is next level.
Highly recommended.

Cheers Paul. Had occasion to go out earlier down a local dual carriageway and motorway. There is no way I am going to live with those Contis for the next so many thousand miles. The noise was horrendous. When I took it for a test drive the section of motorway road noise was acceptable so much so that I could talk to the salesman without raising my voice. The real world has turned out to be somewhat different. I do sometimes wonder if the dealer substituted the tyres.
To be homest, I didn't buy the Sport for long journeys because we have a Civic Sport for that purpose. Nevertheless, it just seems a
Shame that the rest of the car makes a good long distance cruiser. Something which has surprised me. The engine and wind noise are both low with the whole effect being spoilt by the tyres.
Suzuki have made a brilliant job with the Swift. My suspicion is that it was developed with different tyres possibly Yokahamas in Japan.

Again I would love to hear from as many as possible about their tyre substitution experiences.

How many miles do you have on those Contis? Personally I can’t say that the SS is quiet, but on a recent trip on the motorway with speeds above 100mph the noise was bearable (or I am getting deaf…)

750 miles with 33 psi front and 31 psi rear in a Sport Hybrid. There is something incompatible with a car that boasts dab radio and android play etc with an environment where I can hear neither above city limit speeds. Something is definitely wrong.

Yes, I can assure you that I don’t have such a problem, with the exact same pressures as you and my Contis have 13,000 mi… I cannot believe that they have removed sound proofing on the hybrid.

I thought the lack of soundproofing has always been an issue with the zc33 not just the hybrid. It might explain why I had no issue with the test drive of the non hybrid. If this is true then I will take it up with Suzuki. To think I turned down a test drive of the hybrid thinking that it would be the same except for the hybrid feature. It was certainly what test drives on youtube were saying and the dealer. I feel really cheated now.

Ken, I downloaded a sound level app on my iPhone called "Decibel X" and measured the sound level in the cabin.

My constants:
Closed windows
33PSI front, 31PSI rear, Contis with 13,000mi
Muted audio
No A/C or fans running
Ambient Temp: 26C

Measured at motorway with speeds up to 87mph. Result was 76db. I can assure you that the noise was coming from the wind and not the tyres!