Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
Forum breadcrumbs - You are here:ForumZC33: ModsWheel Fitment
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Wheel Fitment

Also on another note has anyone ran wheel spacers ? I’m not to much of a fan of them but just think it would make the stance even cooler... 👌if so which ones and any pictures would be great

Cheers

no spacers on road car.

Cheers on the advice on alloy sizes. Do you think i could get away with a 7.5j with et 40?

For those that have fitted after market wheels to their ZC33S, has the TPMS from the old wheels swapped over to the new wheels no problems? If i were to keep the original wheels as winter wheels can you just keep swapping the TPMS's between wheel sets?

Also I am really keen on some Desmond Regamaster's, put have read that being an older design they are not direct TPMS compatable, I asume the valve area is too small? Anyway round this?

Thanks, Andy.

Hi Andy,

I had a winter set for my 32S and bought the valves through my tyre shop, they were around £30 each!!! I kept the winter wheels from my 32S and got some different wheels for my 33S when I got it, I used the same TMPS valves from my 32S winter set and now have them on my 33S for summers and the standard ones will be winters eventually.

It'll be a huge faff to change the valves around each time for different wheels so I'd buy some new valves to go in the wheels so you don't have to swap them out each time.

Regarding non TPMS compatible valves it could be the valve hole not having enough surface area on the outside of it to house the external nut which holds and seals the valve stem in place, needs a large lip for it to mount on.

Thanks Lewis, two sets of sensors does sound the way to go.

Does anyone know on the ZC33S is an offset of et+40 going to give any undesirable characteristics on the road, like tramlining etc.

Quote from Andrew Moody on May 11, 2020, 3:25 pm

Thanks Lewis, two sets of sensors does sound the way to go.

Does anyone know on the ZC33S is an offset of et+40 going to give any undesirable characteristics on the road, like tramlining etc.

Thats quite a low offset...what width of wheels are you thinking about?

I am considering Rota Slipstreams 16x7 +40, for their low weight and I would be using 195/50 or 55 tyres.

You should be alright at that then 👍

right ive finally settled on a wheel I really like, the bola b1 wheel. Ive always been a fan of yokohama and the v103 tyre reviews really well. but to run that tyre on a 17" rim id have to run a tyre size of 225/45/r17. Ive a wealth of experience with Mbike tyres but little with car tyres when it comes to changing sizes. the checks ive done show a 1.1" diameter increase a 1.2" width increase and a side wall depth increase of .5". is this a daft choice or would it work?

any help very welcome.