Forum

Welcome to the official website / forum site for Suzuki Swift Sport Owners Club (SSSOC).

Forum Navigation
You need to log in to create posts and topics.

Gave the car a proper clean.

Well today I managed to have the time and good weather for long enough to give the car a proper clean.

I washed it with Bilt Hamber Autowash which is a really good shampoo, I then cleaned all the door shuts, dirt traps and roof rail recesses with Bilt Hamber Surfex HD. Removed any tar spots with Autosmart Tardis which is a really effective tar and glue remover, I then clayed it with Bilt Hamber Autoclay Soft grade which is a really good and effective clay to work with. It was then polished with Autoglym Super Resin Polish and sealed it with Sonax Xtreme Protect and shine Hybrid which can be a bit "grabby" but gives a really nice hydrophobic finish.

I cleaned the exhaust tips with Autosol metal polish, cleaned and polished the glass with Autoglym fast glass and glass polish and then sealed the windows with GTechniq G5. I cleaned and vacuumed the interior, cleaned the mats with Autosmart Brisk foam upholstery cleaner and then treated all plastic trim with GTechniq C6 Matte dash.

Here are the results !

Uploaded files:
  • IMG_0922.JPG
  • IMG_20190320_161408862.jpg
  • IMG_0911.JPG
  • IMG_20190320_161008865_HDR.jpg

Great work mate ? Reminds me I should really pull my finger out and ceramic coat my little beast ?

What are you planning to use on it ?

Its a toss up between G-Techniq or Raceglaze.

They are about the same price but the G-Techniq stuff is slightly harder...however the Raceglaze stuff comes with enough that I'd be able to do my wifes motor as well as my own.

Not decided yet, I'll probably talk to my mate who has his own detailing business first and see what he has to say on the matter ?

I'll be interested to see what you decide to use and how you get on with it.

Love the colour of your motor mate. And the condition looks mint as well. If I can find one that good I'll be a happy man ?

Uruk Hai has reacted to this post.
Uruk Hai

Thanks for the compliment ?

I'm very picky with cars (My mates and family would probably say ultra picky and anal !) so I paid strong money for it but I was happy to pay more in order to get what a I wanted, it's a one previous owner, traded back for a new Sport with the original supplying dealer which was the owners fourth ! When I got it, it was almost three years old with 9800 miles on it, serviced only by the supplying dealer and still had the genuine Suzuki Valeting kit in the boot.

It was more than I wanted to pay really but I got good money for my previous car considering the age of it and it was the fourth and by far the best one I looked at, if I hadn't bought it I think I'd still be looking ?

They are out there, I looked at a complete dog, two really nice ones and then mine. It was a 150 mile round trip but very worth it. You'll know the right one when you find it.

Marc Roberts has reacted to this post.
Marc Roberts

Absolutely, and I'll just keep on looking until the right car comes along. And also In my opinion, grey metallic doesn't show up stone chips, scratches, dirt etc and looks superb when polished up and looked after. Definitely my favourite colour for a car. And just to repeat again, lovely looking car you've got there ?

Uruk Hai has reacted to this post.
Uruk Hai